Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
If your course has assignment(s) that use the library’s resources and require research, source attribution, etc., we offer the following options:
- LibGuides tailored to the course and assignment.
- A LibGuide is a subject, course, or assignment-specific web site created by a librarian in consultation with the course instructor that guides students to particular databases and strategies. You can see a variety of these at libguides.mnstate.edu.
- These are accessible at any time and do not require any synchronous instruction. However, a librarian can take students through the guides either FTF or via Zoom.
- Face to face instruction session.
- The class meets at the library during its normal time for an instruction session with a librarian. These often utilize LibGuides and can be tailored to a specific assignment.
- Synchronous Zoom session with your liaison librarian, instructor, and class.
- This works best if a class has time set aside for synchronous instruction. It can also be recorded and the link can be shared with the class for later viewing.
- Instruction Video.
- A librarian can create a video talking about the library resources specific to an assignment. (Note – this takes advanced planning, so contact the librarian in advance).
- Class visit.
- A librarian can visit your class to talk about and demonstrate databases, research strategies, library resources, etc.
It is never too early to talk about what we can do to help you and your students achieve their learning goals. To schedule an instruction session in the Library's computer lab, please e-mail your Library Liaison or Colleen Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Your course number
- Ideal dates/times
- Brief description of what you want to accomplish
Your Liaison or Colleen will respond as soon as possible.
Library Instruction/Curriculum Center