It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Subject Guide: Film Studies: MSUM Streaming Video and Audio Services
Kanopy is a video streaming platform for libraries movies, documentaries, and indie and foreign films from over hundreds of producers including The Criterion Collection, The Great Courses, Kino Lorber, and PBS and thousands of independent filmmakers.
MSUM leases access to these films on a title by title basis...most expiring after one year. If a title lease expires, faculty will have to place a request to renew through the Kanopy site.
Kanopy’s motto is "thoughtful entertainment" - seeking to provide library patrons with access to films of unique social and cultural, not just entertainment, value; films that are often difficult or impossible to access elsewhere.
Swank Digital Campus provides a rotated streaming library of feature films, documentaries and foreign films from the largest movie studios, including Walt Disney, Warner Bros., Paramount, NBCUniversal, Columbia Pictures, Lions Gate, MGM, Miramax and many more to enhance your teaching and learning
Naxos Music Library [NML] is the world´s largest online classical music library. Currently, it offers streaming access to more than 157,000 CDs with more than 2,400,000 tracks, standard and rare repertoire. New tracks are added to the library every month.
To use the mobile app:
1. Access NML.
2. Click on the “Playlists” link in the gray menu bar near the top of the page.
3. Select “Sign Up” in the upper right corner.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions. An activation email will be sent to the address provided.
5. Check your inbox and follow the instructions in the activation email. It is possible that the email may end up in your junk folder.
6. Once the playlist account has been activated, you can use that username and password to log in to the mobile apps.
Funding for this resource is provided by MSUM's Music Department.