To listen to OverDrive audiobooks on your computer, you must meet the following basic requirements:
If you meet the basic system requirements, proceed to download and install the OverDrive Media Console Software. If you are using a computer running Windows, you will be prompted to complete a security upgrade in order to play protected titles.
Once you have installed OverDrive Media Console, you may begin downloading audiobooks. Note that if you are using a PC, you can enjoy audiobooks in either MP3 or WMA format. However, if you are using a Mac, you can download only MP3 format audiobooks.
You are now ready to begin checking out and downloading digital titles!
Due to OverDrive's agreements with publisher, only MP3 audiobook titles can be returned before the lending period is up.
Return an MP3 audiobooks using OverDrive Media Console for Windows
Follow these steps to return an eBook early on your app-based device:
On Windows Phone 7…
1. Find the audiobook(s) that you would like to download.
2. Click ADD TO CART (if the item is already checked out, you will see the option to PLACE A HOLD). From the “My Cart” screen, choose PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
3. On the “Sign In” page follow the "Minnesota State University, Moorhead users, please click here to sign into this system" link.
4. For the username enter the barcode on your MSUM ID or your DragonID preceeded by "TRM" and for the password enter your last name, then click LOGIN.
5. On the "Check Out" page, click CONFIRM CHECK OUT.
1. Click DOWNLOAD under the title to launch OverDrive Media Console.
2. You will be asked where you want to save the files. It is recommended to just click OK to allow OverDrive to create a new folder.
3. In OverDrive Media Console, double-click on the title you downloaded.
4. You will be asked "Do you want to download parts for this title now?" Select, "Yes." Select parts to download, then click "OK." The download will begin.
5. When the download is complete, connect your MP3 device to the computer.
6. Select the audiobook you want to transfer and click on the TRANSFER button at the top of the OverDrive screen.
7. Follow the prompts in the '"Transfer Wizard" to transfer the audiobook to your device.
Note: Download times will vary with the length of the item, and the speed of your Internet connection. To download audio books more quickly, you may download in parts.
Download eBooks and audiobooks directly to your iPhone, iPad, Android device or other app-based device with the free OverDrive Media Console app.
See the Get the App tab for more information.