Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Searching for Chidren's and Young Adult materials in the CMC
To find children's and young adult books in the CMC:
Go to the library web page (www.mnstate.edu/library) and select Curriculum Materials Center on the drop-down menu next to the search box called Library Onesearch.
- Enter your topic, title, or author.
- You may limit to a specific type of material by “Collection" on the left side of the screen.
Descriptions of Materials in the CMC
- Curriculum Nonfiction (Informational texts)-- Factual books in all subject areas.
- Curriculum Media--DVDs, and software in all subject areas.
- Curriculum Kits—Manipulative materials (games, flash cards, puppets, models) used in hands-on teaching or learning centers.
- Curriculum Easy (Picture books)—Highly illustrated picture books. Most picture books are fictional and for younger children, however, many titles are on sophisticated topics and are appropriate for upper elementary and middle school.
- Curriculum Fiction-- Imaginative stories or chapter books for children from about age eight through high school age.
- Curriculum Bulletins-- Teaching activity books with ideas for lesson plans.
- Curriculum Textbooks-- Textbooks for subjects taught from kindergarten through high school.
Browse science textbooks in these call numbers in the textbook collection:
Biology (Call number 574)
Chemistry (Call number 540)
Earth Science (Call number 550)
Physics (Call number 530)
Science (Call number 500)