· Is there a publishing or sponsoring organization? Is the organization an authority on the subject?
· Is the author listed? Is the author an authority on the subject? How do you know?
· Are there spelling errors, grammar errors, dead links, or other problems that indicate a lack of quality control?
· Does the information on the site agree with other sources?
· Does the site contradict itself?
· What is the date of publication or copyright?
· How recently has the site been updated?
· Does the author, host, publisher, or sponsor have a bias?
· What is the motivation or purpose for creating the site?
(To sell a product? To advance a viewpoint or belief? To educate?)
· Are the sources listed? Can they be checked?
· Is there a way to contact the author or organization?
© 2007, Robert Harris & Andrew Spinks
Duplicate freely for nonprofit educational use.