These instructions will show you how to link to full-text journal articles, allowing students the ability to access library materials off-campus. Important: If you are using the link in D2L Brightspace, please see the note on the bottom of this page.
1. Locate a full-text article. I recommend using the Library's Dragon Discovery Service.
2. Select an article from the results list.
3. Click on the "Permalink" icon
4. Copy the permalink that appears on the page.
5. The permalink should contain the prefix "https://login.trmproxy.mnpals.net/login?url=" This prefix directs off-campus users to a login that will grant access full-text materials. Students can login with the StarID cedentials.
6. Some databases do not automatically provide a proxied link. In these cases, you can try adding "https://login.trmproxy.mnpals.net/login?url=" to the front of the database provided permalink to create your own proxed link. Please feel free to contact Travis Dolence (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need assistance with the process.
If you are having issues with proxied links to journals not opening, please consider the following.I
If you are putting links in D2L Brightspace you may want to try shortening the link via a service like TinyURL.com. For example, the link above would now appear as http://tinyurl.com/peycyb6. This process can sometimes resolve issues related to longer URLs.